Today we are going to check in with freshman Alexis Polus. Polus is a two sport athlete for the Eagles playing basketball in the winter and running track in the spring. This past winter, Polus starred on the junior varsity basketball team for Kent City, helping the Eagles to a winning record. In the spring, Polus was looking forward to running track and field for Kent City.
1. How have you kept yourself busy? To keep myself busy, I have been doing lots of helping around the house and painting! I also enjoy working out.
2. What do your at home workouts look like?
My at home workouts are usually running with our 9 month old Aussie named Finn! Also, our JV basketball team has been working hard at home, working on drills and shooting.
3. What do you miss most about school? Why?
The thing I miss most about school is being able to interact with my peers and also I was looking forward to my freshman track season.
4. What book are you reading? Would you recommend it to a friend? Why or Why not?
I am reading All The Bright Places, by Jennifer Niven, I would recommend it to a friend because I like how it is written in two different point of views.
5. Who in Kent City has made a positive impact on your life? What have they done for you?
Someone in Kent City who has made a positive impact on my life was Mr. Benham, he told me that I should run track and that was the first time I had ever considered it. Ever since 7th grade track I have been looking forward to setting new goals each season for myself!
6. What is something you will never forget about the 2019-20 basketball season and something you were looking forward to in track?
Something I will never forget from my 2019-20 basketball season is how important it is to be flexible, throughout the season lots of our practices would get changed or we would end up sharing the gym with another basketball team. Something I was looking forward to this track season was bonding with more people and setting some new PRs!