Today we are going to check in with freshman Nick Rode. Rode runs cross country and plays basketball for the Eagles. This past fall, Rode was a part of the Conference championship Kent City cross country team. In the winter, Rode moved up to the junior varsity squad in basketball, and contributed to a fine season by the J.V. Eagles.
1. How have you kept yourself busy? Playing basketball, video games, and a little house remodeling.
2. What do your at home workouts look like?
I’ve been playing a lot of basketball to stay in shape. I’ve been working on my ball handling skills and shooting drills.
3. What do you miss most about school? Why?
Being with my friends.
4. What book are you reading? Would you recommend it to a friend? Why or Why not?
Travel Team by Mike Lupica. I would recommend this book because it’s about sports.
5. Who in Kent City has made a positive impact on your life? What have they done for you?
All of my coaches, previous and current, have made the biggest impact on me for sure. They always support me.
6. What is something you will never forget about the 2019-2o cross country/basketball seasons?
I really enjoyed playing JV basketball this year. Thomas Swanson as well as Brock Hearth made an impact on both cross country and basketball, from cracking jokes at basketball and working hard together in cross, they made my seasons great.