Today we are going to check in with freshman Brayden Armstrong. Armstrong plays football and wrestles for Kent City. This past fall, Armstrong played on the offensive and defensive lines for the junior varsity football team. Over the winter, Armstrong helped Kent City’s wrestling team capture their fourth consecutive CSAA Silver championship, while having a great season individually as a freshman.
1. How have you kept yourself busy? I’ve gone on bike rides.
2. What do your at home workouts look like?
20 push ups, 20 sit ups, 1 mile run, and 20 burpees.
3. What do you miss most about school? Why?
I miss my friends, and being able to walk within 6 feet of them.
4. What book are you reading? Would you recommend it to a friend? Why or Why not?
I am reading the Night Angel trilogy and yes I would recommend it to a friend. Mainly because its very descriptive and has really interesting lore.
5. Who in Kent City has made a positive impact on your life? What have they done for you?
Coach Kik has probably made the biggest impact on my life, since he’s taught me so much inside and outside of the classroom.
6. What is something you will never forget about the 2019 football/wrestling seasons?
It was my first year in high school sports so I don’t think I will forget it.
We are encouraging all student-athletes to remain active during this time of social distancing due to the coronavirus. A valuable resources for all Kent City students is our online strength and conditioning program, PLT4M. PLT4M has created a Remote Fitness workout that can be done at home without any equipment. Many of our student-athletes are already on PLT4M and simply need to log in. If you are not on PLT4M, here is a link you can use for more information: PLTM Workouts 5-17 – 5-23. Other questions can be directed to Coach Gropp at email@example.com and he will get you up and running — literally. ‘