Holiday Pool Schedule 2018–2019
The Kent City Pool recently released an updated schedule for the Holiday Season spanning Sunday, December 2, 2018 — Saturday, January 5, 2019. We are taking a break from swim lessons, the junior swim teams, and have removed some open fitness and open swim times based on recent usage numbers. We plan on releasing a final winter schedule that will cover our pool offerings from Sunday, January 6, 2019 — Saturday, March 30, 2019 in the very near future. To see the Holiday Season Pool Schedule, use the following link:
Special Holiday Open Swims!
Please note, the Kent City Pool will be closed on Monday, December 24; Tuesday, December 25; Monday, December 31; and Tuesday, January 1. We will be offering some Special Holiday Open Swims for those families who are looking for something to do with their children while they are vacation. Here are the dates and times for these special open swims:
- Wednesday, December 26 — 1:00 p.m. — 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 27 — 1:00 p.m. — 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 2 — 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 3 — 1:00 p.m. — 3:00 p.m.
These are in addition to our regularly scheduled Open Swim times.
Give the Gift of Swim Lessons this Holiday Season!
We would also like to pass on the dates and times for our swim lessons as the gift of learning to swim would be a great idea for those children/grandchildren in your life during this Holiday Season. If you would like to give a gift certificate for Swim Lessons, please contact the high school office at (616) 678-4210 during regularly schedule hours. We will be offering swim lessons on Monday evenings and Saturday mornings once again — here are the details for the Winter season:
Monday Evening Swim Lessons
Session I (6 Meetings) — Monday, January 7 — Monday February 11
Session II (6 Meetings) — Monday, February 18 — Monday, March 25
6:15 p.m. — 7:00 p.m.: Basic/Upper Basic
7:15 p.m. — 7:45 p.m.: Pre-School/Aqua Tots
7:15 p.m. — 8:00 p.m.: Intermediate
Monday Evening Swim Lesson Cost (6 Sessions)
# of Children 1 2 3 3+
Member $55 $105 $150 $40 each
Resident $60 $115 $165 $45 each
Non-Resident $65 $125 $180 $50 each
Saturday Morning Swim Lessons
Session I (5 Meetings) — Saturday, January 12 — Saturday, February 9
Session II (5 Meetings) — Saturday, February 23 — Saturday, March 23
9:00 a.m. — 9:45 a.m. — Basic/Upper Basic
10:00 a.m. — 10:30 a.m. — Pre-School/Aqua Tots
10:00 a.m. — 10:45 a.m. — Intermediate
Saturday Morning Swim Lesson Cost (6 Sessions)
# of Children 1 2 3 3+
Member $45 $85 $120 $30 each
Resident $50 $90 $125 $35 each
Non-Resident $55 $95 $130 $40 each
We subtracted a day to avoid Saturday, February 16 (Mid-Winter Break) and Saturday, March 30 (Spring Break) in an effort to accommodate families and our pool employees.
We have three ways to enroll:
- Call the high school office during regular business hours at (616) 678-4210.
- Email the Kent City Pool at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enroll online and pay with a credit card at Cedar Springs Parks & Recreation: http://www.csaparksandrec.com/
Junior Swim Team is Back!
Our Junior Swim Team will start up once again after the break and we are excited to offer the opportunity to elementary age children (2nd — 5th grades) once again, but we also will open up some slots for middle school students (6th — 8th grades). Dusty Linsley will be heading up this program and is working on setting up some competitive dates with other swim teams! During this second round of the junior swim team, we will be cutting down the number of meeting dates from ten to eight. We have adjusted the price accordingly. Some other changes include:
- Reserving it for children who already know how to swim effectively. If your child can not swim effectively, we will be suggesting he or she be moved to swim lessons.
- We will be capping each session. Once we reach our maximum number, we will open another session from 4:15 p.m. — 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday to accommodate overflow.
- Middle School and Elementary will participate together unless we reach our cap. If so, we will divide and conquer!
- We will only be taking students enrolled for the full eight weeks. Individual sessions are too hard to track, especially with transportation from the elementary. The price will be $40.
Girls Junior Swim Team — 2nd Grade — 8th Grade
Tuesdays: January 8, January 15, January 22, January 29, February 5, February 12, February 19, and February 26
Boys Junior Swim Team — 2nd Grade –8th Grade
Thursday: January 10, January 17, January 24, January 31, February 7, February 21, February 28, and March 7
3:30 p.m. — 4:15 p.m. Regular Practice Time
4:15 p.m. — 5:00 p.m. Overflow Practice Time (We will contact you if your child has been placed in the overflow session)
Please note, if school is cancelled the Junior Swim Club will be cancelled as well. There will be no refunds.